Engineering Project Manager
Title: Engineering Project Manager
Reports to: VP – Engineering and Technical Services
Direct Reports: None
Status: Full-time, Exempt; expected to occasionally work long and irregular hours
Work Location: Position based out of Tulsa, OK with regular travel to the field office in Bloomfield, NM and customer visits as necessary
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Full-time, exempt position with benefit. Position is bonus eligible.
Whiptail Midstream is currently looking for a highly skilled and energetic Engineering Project Manager. This position is responsible for developing, managing, and executing various oil, gas, and water midstream projects through the design, construction, and commissioning phases in connection with the Company’s San Juan Basin gathering system and any other potential assets that the Company may develop or acquire.
- Works with Operations to understand operational capabilities of assets as they exist and adequately plan for future capacity expansions based on hydraulic modeling
- Works with Business Development and Operations to develop scope and cost estimates for new capital projects and facility improvement proposals
- Tracks timely review of scope and design documents
- Tracks and expedites all project activities to ensure project schedule and budget are met
- Prepares and distributes project progress reports and proactively notify project stakeholders with issues and resolutions
- Prepares authorization documents to appropriate funds for sanctioned projects
- Works with Land and Regulatory teams as they obtain ROW, permits, and approvals for new facilities
- Develops project implementation plan and coordinates resources, both internal and external, to execute project activities
- Coordinates commissioning activities and transition of new facilities to Operations
- Ensures all project close out activities are performed including preparation of as-built drawings, documentation of construction records, updating of Operations procedure manuals, and closure with regulatory agencies as required
- Develop extensive technical knowledge of the physical operations of the gathering system.
- Effective listening skills and ability to process received information and data to form rational and reasonable responses and action steps.
- Ability to manage multiple projects using formal project planning techniques.
- Possess and apply knowledge of environmental state, local and federal regulatory requirements, such as those dictated by DOT, OSHA, and EPA.
- Working knowledge and basic skill level of computers and software, as well as a capacity for learning and utilizing Company specific software as needed.
- Organized; able to manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks and projects effectively.
- Professional attitude and ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, customers, vendors, and regulatory representatives.
- Able to work independently without regular direct supervision.
- Internally motivated to start tasks and projects and committed to follow them until completion.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science in engineering
- Four years of engineering experience in the oil and gas industry
Preferred Education and Experience
- Petroleum, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering degree
- Seven years of engineering project management experience in oil and gas midstream
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Whiptail Midstream is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, genetic information, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Whiptail Midstream complies with the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Employment with Whiptail Midstream is at-will.
If interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Careers@WhiptailMidstream.com with the Position Title in the Subject to be considered for the position, along with any questions or information requests.
If you are unsure of our openings, please continue to our careers page for a detailed listing of openings.