Title: I&E Technician
Reports To: Supervisor – I/E & Measurement
Direct Reports: None
Status: Full-time, non-exempt; expected to occasionally work long and irregular hours
Work Location: Position based out of Bloomfield, NM Office with regular travel to the field
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Full-time, salaried non-exempt position with benefits. Position is bonus eligible.
Whiptail Midstream is currently looking for a highly skilled and energetic I&E Technician for our Bloomfield, New Mexico office location. This position is responsible for specification, installation, testing, and maintenance of facility instrumentation, electrical, and communications equipment, to ensure a safe and reliable operating environment. This equipment includes, but is not limited to radios, heat trace, lighting, pumps, motors, valves, actuators, meters, transmitters, flow computers and programmable logic controllers (PLC).
- Install, program, and maintain electronic flow measurement devices (EFM)
- Install, program, and maintain programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Develop and maintain I&E testing schedules
- Install, program, and maintain Human to Machine interface displays (HMI)
- Troubleshoot and repair measurement end devices and controls (meters, actuators, etc.)
- Collect Electronic Flow Measurement (EFM) data and controller configurations
- Provide field support to operations, measurement, and analytical staff
- Maintain, inspect, and operate custody transfer pipeline meters, LACT units, water meters, and gas meters in accordance with company policy as well as industry and regulatory standards
- Install, calibrate, and maintain electronic transducers (Pressure, Temperature, and MVS)
- Calibrate, operate, and maintain product quality devices O2, H2S, H2O, BS&W etc.
- Troubleshoot and maintain fluid flow meters (e.g. Coriolis, mag, vortex, etc.)
- Understand, maintain, and test AC electrical systems and equipment up to 5000 VAC
- Program, commission, connect, and disconnect LACT units
- Understand, troubleshoot and maintain tank level indication devices (GWR, Magneto strictive, resistive)
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair wireless communications systems
- Perform functions independently in area of responsibility
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple job assignments and responsibilities
- Teamwork minded, flexible in work duties, self-motivated, and organized
- Understand and execute verbal and written direction
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- EE98 Journeyman electricians license preferred
- Working familiarity with RTU/SCADA interface
- Technical degree in related field or equivalent related experience preferred
- Five years in oil and gas I&E experience is preferred
- Experience with wireless communications
- Knowledge of Electronic Flow Measurement (EFM)
- Basic computer software (MS Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills and customer service experience
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and to deal with multiple priorities
- Willingness to learn and grow in the position
- Willingness to help with other areas of the operation not directly related to measurement
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and within a team
- Strong safety focus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Whiptail Midstream, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, genetic information, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Whiptail Midstream, LLC complies with the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Employment with Whiptail Midstream, LLC is at-will.
If interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Careers@WhiptailMidstream.com with the Position Title in the Subject to be considered for the position, along with any questions or information requests.
If you are unsure of our openings, please continue to our careers page for a detailed listing of openings.