Title: Operations Technician
Reports To: Supervisor – Operations
Direct Reports: None
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt; expected to occasionally work long and irregular hours
Work Location: Position based out of Bloomfield, NM Office with regular travel to the field
Compensation: Wage commensurate with experience. Full-time, hourly, non-exempt position with benefits, including company provided vehicle. Position is bonus eligible.
Whiptail Midstream is currently looking for a highly skilled and energetic Operations Technician for our Bloomfield, New Mexico office location. This position you will perform physical operation of Whiptail Midstream’s oil, gas, and water gathering system in the San Juan Basin. This position will require timely response to issues in the field, as well as close coordination with the Supervisor of Operations, and other Whiptail Midstream personnel, producer customers, contractors and vendors
- Carry out the day-to-day requirements of physically operating and maintaining pipelines and facilities associated with the San Juan Basin gathering system
- Daily travel to field sites
- Interaction with producers, contractors, and vendors as needed to ensure safe and efficient operation of Whiptail Midstream assets
- Provide daily reports on applicable field activities
- Comply with all applicable, Federal, State, County, and Local laws, as well as all Whiptail Midstream procedures and policies
- Operators must be knowledgeable in oil and gas operations. Specific experience is required with pipeline and facility operations such as: valve operation and maintenance, gas, oil and water measurement, rotating equipment (pumps, compressors, generators, etc.), trucking operations, liquid and gas sampling, pigging, chemical injection, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Hot Work Permits (HWP), Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO), Pre-start up safety review (PSSR), and others.
- Teamwork minded, flexible in work duties, working knowledge of oil and gas industry, self-motivated, and organized.
- Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of related experience in the oil and gas midstream industry
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Technical degree and/or relevant training in midstream oil and gas operations, maintenance, construction, etc.
- 6+ years of related experience in the oil and gas midstream industry
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Whiptail Midstream, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, genetic information, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Whiptail Midstream, LLC complies with the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Employment with Whiptail Midstream, LLC is at-will.
If interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Careers@WhiptailMidstream.com with the Position Title in the Subject to be considered for the position, along with any questions or information requests.
If you are unsure of our openings, please continue to our careers page for a detailed listing of openings.